Dealing with uncooperative companies

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
I'm sorry - we can't surely want things both ways ie for a PWD to be safeguarded by the legal system and company procedures which are in place to counter possible financial abuse, and then, however well meaningly, use the very ways used by those who set out to defraud vulnerable folk- what is being suggested, however well meaning, is not a responsible way to proceed
surely it is important to gain POA or Deputyship or Appointeeship, or whatever is appropriate, and then sort out financial arrangements, however awkward that may be

In my MIL case the milk delivery company actually have under FAQ..."can I open an account for my parents?" On their website. The answer is yes as obviously there is a demand. They even tell you how to do it with various payment methods. So i used it . No requirement for POA. I could have sent the milk delivery anywhere with anyone's card as payment

Last edited:

Sammie234

Oct 7, 2016
Shropshire
You are so right, I never really thought of it like that, but it is financial abuse of the elderly. Apart from the filmed bit, my friend also stated that if no action taken within 7 days she would be placing all on facebook and contacting other various medias.

Good idea I use #Twitter a lot saw a thread where someone was having problems with a family member with BGas I had a similar problem because t was the only company that was in OH name and he wouldn’t talk to them I started a thread about this and wow BGas straight in what’s the problem how can we help upshot was I was able to cancel his account and put it in my name without having to I through the sending out of POA so it’s a good way to get things moving FB doesn’t really have the same sway but Twitter does!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain