Dealing with loss

snowblue

Dec 15, 2007
My dear husband died before Christmas, and I only buried him 5 days ago. I am surprised that there is no branch near me for support, the nearest one is just too far. I know that they will tell me that i dont live in the borough so again there will be no help what so ever. (I hope you as a support group will bring about change about this issue) There are a number of meetings taking place in my area in the next few weeks, but I think the support will not be very willing like I had when my husband and I tried to get help from Social Services and what a nightmare that turned out to be.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello snowblue,

It sounds as if you have had a rough time.

Please accept my condolences on the death of your husband and I`m so sorry you haven`t been able to get the support you have needed.
You will get a lot of support on Talking Point [TP] and I hope it will help.

As for local branches of the AS support groups, I can only suggest you contact the AS and put your query to them. TP is run by members for members, and has no influence on the siting of support groups.

Take care xx

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Snowblue,
So very sorry to hear about your Husband,
As Grannie says, you will always find someone here to talk to,I hope we can help ease your pain a little.
Take very good care of yourself,