dealing with levy bodies hallucination / delerium

sunbear

Jul 30, 2015
Devon
dealing with lewy bodies hallucination / delerium

Hello. How should my father respond to my mother who has just started to imagine all kinds of events and things that are not real? This is so upsetting for him he / we do not know how to react. Does any one have any advice or experienced this too?

Last edited:

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Hello. How should my father respond to my mother who has just started to imagine all kinds of events and things that are not real? This is so upsetting for him he / we do not know how to react. Does any one have any advice or experienced this too?

Hello sunbeam, welcome to TP I am sure someone will come on with personal experience and can help you. I don't personally have experience, but have a close friend who's husband had Lewey bodies/dementia/parkinsons. She made sure all pictures were removed and always tried to reassure him that whatever he imagined was gone and usually sat with him to calm him down. I know it must be so difficult for your mother and yourself, have you professional help i.e. carers etc? My thoughts are with you, keep posting you will get plenty of advice/help/tlc here :):)

sunbear

Jul 30, 2015
Devon
accusatory behaviour

Unfortunately mum is in hospital being assessed, she is disabled with high degree of imobility, risk of falls. She is accusing my dad of doing thing he has not done, is absolutely convinced it's true, and that she has witnessed his behaviour personally. She has also implicated other patients in the hospital as being involved. The nurses moved her to single room. Hard to know how to respond, or whether she will realise it is all imagination.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976