Daycare - finally

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
I have just had a ring from a lady at the Daycare centre, and joy of joys - he has his first day on Thursday:):):):):):):)

He will be picked up at 9am, given morning and afternoon tea and a lunch and dropped off home at 4pm. The "Club" are in the middle of a project stripping down a wrought iron and wooden garden seat and re-assembling it, ready for putting out in their garden. This should be right 'up his alley', as back in the day was a great handyman and a cabinetmaker by trade.
Now to think of what I can do with myself for a whole day:D

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Congratulations! How wonderful this mini respite will be for you - try not to pack too much in your "day off"!

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Great news.
You know all those jobs that ,need doing but you just haven't had the time let alone the energy, Well leave them !! that's right , leave them at least for a while longer, instead use these precious few hours you now have on Thursdays to replenish your batteries, be it pamper time, a walk basically anything that takes your fancy as long as it is just for you.

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Great news.
You know all those jobs that ,need doing but you just haven't had the time let alone the energy, Well leave them !! that's right , leave them at least for a while longer, instead use these precious few hours you now have on Thursdays to replenish your batteries, be it pamper time, a walk basically anything that takes your fancy as long as it is just for you.

I had a hair appointment which I had thought I might have to cancel, but I will go and try to make myself glamorous - tall order :D

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
That's right Di - have a day off and indulge yourself. Your boy will be fine - sounds as though he will be in his own environment again which hopefully will do him good as well. Hope you have a peacefuol few hours to yourself. WIFE

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
You will probably worry all day, I know I did but you are going out to the hairdressers so you will at least be out of the house. Enjoy your day. I used my days to catch up on sleep.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Di, I too just heard yesterday that John has a day care next week. If it is successful he will get a second day. I know he likes company so I hope it works out. I am ridiculously thrilled at the idea of a day to myself.

Good luck with your free day.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Great news.

Hear, Hear! Your time to yourself is not for racing around like a lunatic trying to catch up. It's a precious time to get some space in your head, to relax and - if you want - to just sit looking out the window and do absolutely nothing.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh, that's AWEsome, Di. I hope you both get pleasure out of the day. I can't believe how this illness can change someone from independence and many skills to one who does nothing but everything we see, all day long. To have that kind of help you speak of makes the world go round. I'm so glad for you :)

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Well - what a wonderful day I have had. Lex was collected as arranged and I had my hair done, followed by lunch with a girlfriend. I pottered around town for while before heading home where I "blobbed" for a couple of hours before Lex was dropped home. He didn't want to go, as he apparently doesn't have any problems with his memory:eek: and doesn't want to get tied up with that sort of thing. The lovely lady who collected him convinced him to go with her, and according to the notebook that he brought home with him, he enjoyed his day. He even helped prepare the lunch and even chopped some fruit for a smoothie! I might have to get them to show me how I can get him to do this at home:D Of course, as soon as I questioned him about his day, he couldn't remember going:(
Looking forward to next week now:)

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Brilliant news
I am so glad you enjoyed your bit of time off , it makes all the difference

Last edited:

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
So lovely to read your post. Pleased for you and wish you many more. Used to get really excited at my 'days off' even if I didn't do anything!

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I was so pleased to read this thread and absolutely thrilled for you. I remember on John's first day, that I felt the same as when my children first started school, but you soon cope with it.

Don't worry if he can't remember anything, or insists that he doesn't need to go. The main thing is you're getting a break. :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
What a stunning outcome for you both. Just goes to show that with a bit of effort, people's lives can be made that much richer.

So pleased for you :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Delighted for you di. It would have made such a difference to our lives if William would have gone to the day centre. But he was firm in refusing to go.