Daycare - day 2

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
I dropped Lex off myself today, as they had asked if wanted to see through the facility. I told him we were 'going for a drive' so he was unaware of where we heading. I didn't need to do this however, as he didn't recognise the house when we pulled up outside. They greeted him and whizzed him off for a cuppa before he had a chance to object and took me for a tour. The lady that took me round was the activities co-ordinator. She showed me some of the projects they had done and told me that yesterday the ladies group had made raspberry jam and made some bowls by sticking buttons onto a balloon and then popping the balloon when the glue was dry. Today they took the men who are mobile out to a local golf driving range in the morning, and after lunch Lex helped put the labels on the jam jars. Of course, when he was dropped home he had no recollection of the day's proceedings - but that's OK :). On the first Friday of each month the normal carers (me) are asked for an informal cuppa so that they can get to know each other, and the 'carees' are welcome too, so I don't have to find someone to keep an eye on him. I am looking forward to tomorrow and meeting the other carers.
Onward and upward :D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I dropped Lex off myself today, as they had asked if wanted to see through the facility. I told him we were 'going for a drive' so he was unaware of where we heading. I didn't need to do this however, as he didn't recognise the house when we pulled up outside. They greeted him and whizzed him off for a cuppa before he had a chance to object and took me for a tour. The lady that took me round was the activities co-ordinator. She showed me some of the projects they had done and told me that yesterday the ladies group had made raspberry jam and made some bowls by sticking buttons onto a balloon and then popping the balloon when the glue was dry. Today they took the men who are mobile out to a local golf driving range in the morning, and after lunch Lex helped put the labels on the jam jars. Of course, when he was dropped home he had no recollection of the day's proceedings - but that's OK :). On the first Friday of each month the normal carers (me) are asked for an informal cuppa so that they can get to know each other, and the 'carees' are welcome too, so I don't have to find someone to keep an eye on him. I am looking forward to tomorrow and meeting the other carers.
Onward and upward :D

Woooo, sounds like bliss, Di. Good when we can smile and relax a bit.

Thumbs up to ya :D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That sounds like a great place! You must be happy to have the place for Lex.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Sounds a very well organised place. It must be hard to come up with interesting things to do five days a week for people who mostly don't know what they are doing. John can't tell me what he did yesterday but since he is willing to back it must have been enjoyable.

Let us know about any good ideas they have and I'll pass them on.