Day of action Cardiff

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I have been busy rallying support from all my friends and family.

We have been e mailing MP's and AM's and writing to the press.

I have had a lovely letter of support from my AM and a copy of his letter to the Minister for Health expressing our concerns.

Expect some of you are going to London so good luck everyone!

Linda

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello Linda

I hope all goes well in Cardiff (and London, for that matter!) next week. I would have loved to have joined you but work prevents me from doing so.

Will be thinking about you all and watching out on the news :)

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Day of Action- WI Meeting

I talked to the members at our WI meeting tonight about the day of action and the withdrawing of drugs from some Alzheimer's patients. They listened sympathetically and later on, some told me of relatives who had suffered from dementia. I gave information sheets to those who were interested. I think the more this illness is talked about, the more likely people will be to demand better treatment. I hope some ladies might contact their MPs, but at least the subject of dementia has been brought out into the open for one small group of people.

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Day of Action 27-6-06

I mentioned the Day of Action, in the report I wrote about the WI meeting and included a poem, which I wrote when Mum was very distressed. It was published in the Parish Church magazine, together with contact details of the Alzheimer's Society and information about NICE withdrawing vital drugs for dementia patients. I hope it might help to raise awareness amongst the people in the village where I live.
Kayla

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Well done Kayla!

My AM has been to visit my husband at home and is very keen to learn more about Alzheimer's and Dementia.

His advice is to keep the campaign"alive" so we do need to keep drumming up support as you have done. The cheques that were sent had a tremendous impact and it is not too late for people to do that, especially as Assembly is now in recess. The more they have to deal with in September the better!

The annual Memory Walk is also a good opportunity to raise awareness.

Linda