Day Centre

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Glad it went well for you too

I am having great difficulty in getting through to person at the day centre to get any information! I will have to keep trying x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I am glad it all went so well and they must have loved you taking the time to phone them to thank them

I will have to ring again today and hope to get through x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Yes yes yes

I called the day centre and spoke to the person there. They are coming out to see MIL and I Tuesday 11.30 next week

I am getting there :D:D:D:D

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Izzy

I am scared my MIL will 'play up' when this lady comes. Supposing MIL keeps telling her she doesn't want to go to the day centre (that's if she understands what it is) but wants to go home?:eek:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
The person from Day Centre will have met many people like your MIL before. They usually have ways of wording things.

My husband hates going and sometimes digs his heels in. When I rang last December once again to say he said no, I thought they might say we will take him off the register, but no they said we will keep his place open, after 3 weeks they would come out to vsit him and try to persuade him to go back, and it is only after 6 weeks in a row of saying no that the place is removed.

Even if he was to say no 5 weeks in a row but went the next time. the 6 weeks starts again . In other words they really try to encourage people to go.

Tomorrow if my husband says no will be the 4th in a row, but at the moment he is talking as if he will go we shall see.

Good luck anyway

Jeannette

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Jeanette

I know you are right because when I had the person from the volunteers i.e. carers support uk, MIL was awful. She was standing shouting 'my dementia is not that bad. I want to go home NOW'. The lady just smacked on a huge smile and said 'I no'. I have the help from the volunteer too now in place

I just get so anxious and then MIL gets anxious and then it all gets worse........

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Social services assessment

Another bit of good news. I received a call from social service. They have completed the referral. There is a waiting list which I can understand. She will most likely get respite paid for her :D:D:D:D:D

I am nearly getting excited by everything :D

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Not bad actually as I had the day with my hubby whilst my 88 year old mother has MIL. But I have been planning my days when she will be going to day centre

I never never thought I would want her to go but then I had not had her here for months on end :eek: And getting worse :eek:

sarahp

Feb 23, 2013
Hubby and I are thinking MIL should start going to a day centre. Does anyone have problems with their loved ones hating it? I am scared stiff to start her going as she will moan that they are all 'old fogies' (her words not mine). I am only thinking of one day every other week. What if she refuses? But I need the break, I really do. Its not that I don't want her living with us but I am with her 24/7 and a day off would be great!

I will be having a volunteer come and be with her 7 hours every other week so maybe I am being selfish or greedy

My mum says exactly the same thing, she doesn't see herself as old, she won't go. I tried it once and they rang me half an hour later asking me to come and pick her up because she has her coat on wanting to go home and keeps trying to leave. But I am still going to give it another try. I am going to go calling it a cafe (because she loves going to the cafe) and I will sit with her a few times and make it a very gradual process before leaving her on her own and even then just one hour then two and so on. Xx

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Oh gosh lady is due from the day centre in a moment to assess MIL. I am terrified as MIL will go 'loopy'

Please think of me...............................

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Well I was right MIL has gone 'loopy'. She is being very nasty, horrible and a face like :mad:

This is awful absolutely awful x