Day care?

Wit's end

Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Hi, am totally new to this but don't know where else to look for any help on a Sunday night.
My father in law has been going for day care once a week for the last 3 weeks and things seem to be getting worse each time.
I work in the care environment and am used to everything being documented within individuals care plans, however, my clients are in full time care.
I am wondering if anyone knows if it is a requirement to have all dad's details regarding medication, allergies, contacts, etc as no-one has asked for these. I did leave my own list with the home last week but do not know what they have done with it.
Would the manager be offended if I brought to their attention all the misgivings that have happened over this short period of time.
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Wit's end, welcome to TP.

When mus husband started going to daycare, I had to fill in a form giving all the details you mention, and I'd reckon that would be standard practice. It's essential that they know ablut meds, and who to contact in an emergency.

I would definitely be checking up on this.

I would also ask what sort of activities are provided. In some day centres people are more or less left to their own devices, to play cards or dominoes, or watch TV.

The best ones are run by AS, and provide proper stimulation for people with dementia. Worth finding out if there is one in your area.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
That is why Ron will not be going into day care

I asked our SW, can I give a list of what Ron need's etc. You should have seen his face. I also said, I do not want Ron throwing wooly ball's round, Ron catch this, or being placed in front of a TV. What is the point, he get's more stimulation at home.
Need I say anymore.
BarbX

Wit's end

Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Thanks

Now not sure how to use this system.
Thaks for your response, has reassured me of what I knew should be doing.
Will see where this shows on forum for me to know what to maybe do next answer!
Hi Wit's end, welcome to TP.

When mus husband started going to daycare, I had to fill in a form giving all the details you mention, and I'd reckon that would be standard practice. It's essential that they know ablut meds, and who to contact in an emergency.

I would definitely be checking up on this.

I would also ask what sort of activities are provided. In some day centres people are more or less left to their own devices, to play cards or dominoes, or watch TV.

The best ones are run by AS, and provide proper stimulation for people with dementia. Worth finding out if there is one in your area.

Wit's end

Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Thanks

Will be contacting day care home tomorrow,
Didn't want to make dad's life hell by my intervention, but then again want to make everyone's life happier by him being able to go somewhere different for a day

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa