Day care a success

Quakeroat1

Jan 1, 2017
Scarborough
My day could not have gone better today,it started off with me being so anxious about going to a new day care centre .
I felt like it was my first day at infant school crying for my mum to come back.
My support worker suggested this place as it has more activities than the previous one I had tried.
There were mixed ages and mixed abilities but a good proportion of people who were still articulate even though they had Altzimers for years.
An easel was set up for me to have a go at painting which I loved although lost some skills it was still fun.
People were talking about anything and everything and I was so at home .
I stopped feeling anxious even before coffee was served and felt like I had found my niche.
I want to go again next Wednesday and would go more than once a week if I could get funding. My support worker is going to have a chat with me in the morning to see what can be done.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
It's great to hear that you enjoyed yourself and will be happy to return! I hope you can get the funding sorted to go more often too x

Quakeroat1

Jan 1, 2017
Scarborough
Well rhubarbtree I slept through the night last night for the first time in years, I feel I've finally "let go" of something that was too enormous for me to handle alone.
I think that so far the proof that it lessened my anxiety is showing.
This is helped by the angels beautiful personality both male and female . I'm a retired ambulance driver and I've never seen such genuine caring.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Rhubarbtree, daycentre should be able to tell you what went on. OH had a book which staff wrote in the days happenings and anything else I would need to know! Ask them!

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
So happy for you - it really does make a huge difference to have a good day centre.

My husband thoroughly enjoys his and they love him there too - the way they help lift his spirits is fantastic :)

Quakeroat1

Jan 1, 2017
Scarborough
LynneMcV...thanks u are all helping me to realise how lucky I am. Not only to have dropped on such a good day centre but I'm realising just how much I needed "my spirits lifted". My support worker says she can visibly see that I'm calmer and of course the bonus that I slept through the whole night is a real boon, both to me and my partner.

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
It's lovely to know that your day centre is so good and that you have enjoyed it.hopefuly you will be able to go more often.
Mum attended our local age uk for 2 yrs before she went in to ch,dad was assessed as needing help following an accident and now attends the same centre.the staff have always been so up beat and full of life and vigour I'm sure it 'rubs off' on the clients
Hope your next visit is just as good if not better
Ros
I'm applying for a social workers assessment for funding so I can perhaps go more often.

Quakeroat1

Jan 1, 2017
Scarborough
My support worker has referred me to a social worker for assessment and says I should hear between 2 weeks to a month. A weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
I really hope you get the extra days at the day care centre that you so enjoyed
Ros
My support worker has referred me to a social worker for assessment and says I should hear between 2 weeks to a month. A weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders