Day 8 without fluids

dianemb

Aug 17, 2006
its now Day 8 without fluids for my Mum (aged 71 with Lewy Body dementia)
this is agony just watching her fade away
I just did not believe someone could fight on this long without fluids

Diane x

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya,
Wendy I can answer that question for you as on another thread Diane said that the drip was removed a week ago.
Thinking of you Diane.
<<<HUG>>>
Love Helen

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Diane

I'm sorry to hear about your mum, i know the agony you are going through as its not so long since i went through the same thing. I chose to believe that my partner hung on so long in order to give me time to accept the inevitable outcome.
At this point the suffering is more yours than your mums, and all you can do is be there for her. That might not be any comfort to you, but i do believe that she will know you are there.
I hope you find the strength to get through this, as your mum needs you to be strong.

Love Alex x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Are they weting her lips with water or Giving her morphine patches?

PS I don’t know if this is any help, but my untie went 13 days like that I know every one different peace be with you both ((HUGS)))

Last edited:

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Tina said:
Dear Diane,
I can imagine how you are feeling, it is agony for those watching, isn't it. Keep talking to mum, I'm sure she is, in one way or another, aware of your presence and that she is surrounded by love. She will, at some point, feel able to let go. It's different from person to person, some fight for longer, others slip away more quickly. Which doesn't make it any easier.
Sending you strength and courage and wishing you and your mum all the best on this difficult journey.
Hugs, Tina

Tina, you said it perfectly. I can only repeat your words.

Stay strong Diane, we are all thinking of you

Kriss
x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream