Dating again

kezzahana

Aug 3, 2014
Kent
My husband has FTD and is in a care home. I am in my mid thirties and live with our 3 year daughter. I haven't seen anything on here about anyone considering dating again and would like to know if anyone has. I 'lost' my husband 4 years ago when he got early onset dementia. He is physically still with us but he is not the person I married so I feel very confused and lonely. Guilty of course for thinking about dating again but I know I don't want to be alone anymore.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
That is tragic.In my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with you wanting to build a new life for yourself,you are a very young woman and I'm sure your husband when we'll would not have expected you to sacrifice your life for him.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I agree, at dads nursing home a couple of spouses of residents have got new partners after much soul searching and I personally think life is for living, the illness has taken one person's quality of life and should not be allowed to take that of their partners. You and your daughter are young and should have happiness in your lives, your husband is safe and well cared for, you can do no more for him than you are doing, look after yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa