1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Michael E

Michael E Registered User

Apr 14, 2005
    Male
    Ronda Spain
    I am sure there have been other posts about this wonderful book but I just want to say it has given me so much more understanding and help in comprehending this sad illness and the muddle that exists in my wife's head.

When I started reading the book I really didn't think the author had AD at all but by the last chapters you knew she really did have it and could see/read the muddle her head was in.

I can now recognise many of the symptoms - understand when Monique uses 'odd' words to express something - understand better her anger and frustration - the way it must be like living in a tunnel - the simplest things are challenging and change - new scenery is just a blur - incomprehensible.

This wonderful woman has written an insite to the mind of a AD sufferer and I reccommend it to anyone haveing to deal/cope with an AD sufferer. I have found it helpful.

Michael