damentia medication

knightcharger

Mar 30, 2015
my mother has damentia and her medicad wont pay for her medication i guess because it is 700 dollars a month just need advice on how i can get her meds

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
my mother has damentia and her medicad wont pay for her medication i guess because it is 700 dollars a month just need advice on how i can get her meds

Are you in the US? This is a UK based site though we do have some posters from the US. I hope one of them will be able to advise you.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
I am sorry your mother is not able to get her dementia medication. I don't have specific advice about what Medicaid will or will not cover; you would have to address that with them.

If you are in the US you can call the Alzheimer's Association at 1-800-272-3900. That number is answered 24/7.

Your local Council on Aging (usually through the state or county in which you live) may also be able to help you. For instance, Google "Boston MA Council Aging" or wherever you live, and you should find results. Sometimes it's called "Aging Services" or "Department of Senior Services."

That's where I would begin. If your mother receives any sort of social services (from a residential care home, a social worker, a local agency) you might ask them also, as well as her primary care physician.

Best of luck to you and hang in there.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I wondered what has been prescribed that costs $700 a month, that seems like a lot of money, most things prescribed in the UK are out of licence so pretty cheap.
K