Dad's VD further advanced than I thought.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I moved dad into his old dining room because of space . Dad knew a few weeks ago that this was his bungalow still and that this was his new bedroom. For the last few days including today he asks where he is . Saying that he is in a new home and how did the gardener know how to get here. I told him that he is in his village but then he was asking if there were houses around. Also where was the school. He recognises me but like I said yesterday he didn't recognize a friend and thought it was another friend. He has already had his catheter changed early because it was blocked. This was looks like it might need changing again as it is looking cloudy again. He also is getting teasy about continence care but he lets me do it under duress.I give him drinks but you can take a horse to water but cannot make him drink.. It's the same with dad.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Thinking of you @TNJJ. It does sound like your dad's dementia has moved on quite a way. My mum used to get very muddled about things, so thought she was living by the seaside which she'd done as a child when she was actually living in London. You are doing a n amazing job looking after him {{{hugs}}}

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
He could be . But trying to get him to drink is like pulling teeth. He had his catheter changed early.About 8 days ago.
maybe that cause it as anything going in can give infection. i know about drinking. my husband was shaking yesterday and i realised he hadnt drunk enough in the heat. he drunk, had a little down and felt a lot better.