Dad's Second Anniversary

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thankyou @jennifer1967 .

@jennifer1967, @lemonbalm and @Duggies-girl would probably like to know what I ordered one of dad's favourite dishes Skate And Chips. I then followed this with an ice-cream called Stars And Stripes (this restaurant has ice-creams with intriguing names and one of the best known in this area). Dad never had the ice-creams as he was diabetic and more interested in the prawn cocktail starters.

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk thats sounds nice and just right with the hot weather. do they just name the ice cream or do they decorate it in stars and stripes as well? my husband bought me lamb chops to bbq. they are my favourite meat. i really enjoyed them.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Duggies-girl ,

I remember visiting my friend in Edinburgh and her dad took us out for a coffee and cake out South Queensferry. I ended up having to order more cake as her mum with Alzheimers kept saying I should have cake!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
morning @MaNaAk thats sounds nice and just right with the hot weather. do they just name the ice cream or do they decorate it in stars and stripes as well? my husband bought me lamb chops to bbq. they are my favourite meat. i really enjoyed them.
Good morning @jennifer1967

Stars and Stripes are marshmallows and smarties. T's restaurant is famous in this part of Essex and has been here since the thirties. Other ice-creams are Double Hedda, Bingo Bingo, Raspberry Fiesta, President's Suite, Peppermint Prowler, Chinese Cracker.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
@MaNaAk my dad loved ice cream. I have to laugh but the last time we went down the prom by the river with dads sister, dad had three ice creams. One from the ice cream van on the way in and then one from the little cafe on the prom and then on the way out dad spotted the ice cream van again and said 'shall we have an ice cream' so we all had three ice creams in one afternoon. It was lovely.

Hello @MaNaAk

Lovely. I hope you enjoyed your posh fish and chips. Chinese Cracker ice cream sounds intriguing.
Dear @lemonbalm,

It was delicious and dad's other favourite was Haddock and Chips. I think Chinese Cracker has a bit of ginger but they have a lot of ice-creams featuring macaroons including Italian Macaroony (it is an Italian family that run this restaurant) and Mystical Macaroony. I think Gingerbocker Glory speaks for itself alongwith Knickerbocker Glory.

MaNaAk

Dear @Duggies-girl,

We should all follow your dad's example! In the care home one of the carers told me that they were concerned about dad forever going to the toilet. I brought this up with the manageress who said that he kept asking for coffee because he would forget that he had just had coffee! Different carers may not have realised that he'd already had coffee so he made the most of them (carers).

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Dear @lemonbalm,

It was delicious and dad's other favourite was Haddock and Chips. I think Chinese Cracker has a bit of ginger but they have a lot of ice-creams featuring macaroons including Italian Macaroony (it is an Italian family that run this restaurant) and Mystical Macaroony. I think Gingerbocker Glory speaks for itself alongwith Knickerbocker Glory.

MaNaAk

Dear @Duggies-girl,

We should all follow your dad's example! In the care home one of the carers told me that they were concerned about dad forever going to the toilet. I brought this up with the manageress who said that he kept asking for coffee because he would forget that he had just had coffee! Different carers may not have realised that he'd already had coffee so he made the most of them (carers).

MaNaAk
Oh dear that made me laugh @MaNaAk and yes dad forgot every time that he had already had an ice cream or even two. We had a lovely time that day but dad was so thin that I was scared that he would fall. He did enjoy himself though being by the river looking at the tugs.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh dear that made me laugh @MaNaAk and yes dad forgot every time that he had already had an ice cream or even two. We had a lovely time that day but dad was so thin that I was scared that he would fall. He did enjoy himself though being by the river looking at the tugs.
Dear @Duggies-girl ,

That sounds lovely by the river in Malaysia the family still look after the house where dad was born. It is opposite a river and padi field. Dad had to jump in the river when he accidentally disturbed some bees. His brother and sister-in-law had to spend time pulling the stings out.

MaNaAk

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I remember my mother telling me that she was swimming in the pond on Wimbledon Common and got one - it's a great long thing to pull out - sounds horrible!