Dad's journey has ended.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Yesterday dad's condition deteriorated he had pneumonia and I was told that he may not see the day out. I called my hubby son and daughter and they came straight in. It was just harrowing dad's passing was far from peaceful. My daughter and son both apologised for not been able to stay they just couldn't bear seeing their pop like that. I told my hubby to leave and make sure they were going to be OK.

All treatment was stopped at 11am except morphine and sedation dad was unconscious by night fall. There was nothing else I could do but be there with him and keep his mouth as moist as possible.

Today I moistened dad's mouth and stepped outside for a breather as I walked back up the corridor it was like the sound of silence I couldn't hear dad's rattles he had passed away I wasn't even away 10mins.

Dad rowed his boat against the tides and wind for along time last Monday he lost his oars and today at 11am God rescued him.
Dad had great faith in God above and now he can rest in peace.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Taffy, please accept my sincere condolences.

I am sorry dad's end was so painful for you and the familyto watch. Try to take comfort in your own words:

Dad had great faith in God above and now he can rest in peace.

Thinking of you.

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Taffy,

I'm so sorry to hear your dad is no longer with you and sorry, too, that he had to go through so much at the end. Some of what you say sounds familiar, and my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Maybe the fact that dad is now at peace and no longer suffering will provide some comfort, and the happy memories of good times spent together will at some point take over from the sad and difficult times during his illness.

Take good care,
love, Tina

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
My condolences, Taffy.

Dad rowed his boat against the tides and wind for along time

What a beautiful way to look at it .... he indeed deserves to rest ..

And amongst looking after everyone else - as I know you do - please look after yourself, too.

With love and sympathy, Karen, x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Taffy,

So sorry to read about your dad..he put up such a brave fight..

As you say..he has been rescued and is now at peace.

Please accept my sincere condolences..to you and your family.

With love...Gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear Taffy.

Please accept my sincere condolences. Your father was a strong man and he had an equally strong daughter.

You suffered with your father and the suffering was long and hard. I hope now he has found peace, you will be able to find peace too.

With much love and admiration xx

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
So very sorry to hear about your Dad, Taffy - my thoughts are with you and your family

Take care

Libs

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So sorry Taffy may you and your family take comfort in the fact that your Dad is now at peace.

Love Linda x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My deepest sympathies in the passing of your Dad. You have been such a wonderful supportive daughter and your Dad will have known that. God Bless him now he is at rest.

Take care of yourself now - he would want you to do that.

Love Jan

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Dear Taffy,my sincere condolences to you and your family. Now at last your dad has peace and will be happy and safe in Heaven. Take comfort in knowing he will be with you always in your hearts until you one day meet again.Take care, Zoe xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Taffy

I'm so sorry to read that you have lost your brave dad.

Sorry for you, because you have fought with him every step of the way. But not sorry for him. As you say, he has been rescued from all his suffering, and is at peace.

I know how devastated you must be, you have had a terrible few days, watching him suffer. Try to rest now, and find some peace for yourself.

We're still here for you, whenever you need us.

Love,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Taffy,

I have been reading your posts about your Dad's struggle and was so sorry to read that he has passed away, but I am sure that he is at peace now.

Love and sympathy to you and your family. xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Taffy,
Your Dad went through so much and now he is at peace. No more suffering.
I send sincere condolences to you and your family.

Take care.
Love and best wishes
Christine xx

SusanB

Jan 15, 2008
Hove
So sorry to hear your sad news, Taffy

I hope you are OK. Your post was a beautiful tribute to your Dad and I'm sure wherever he is, he is proud of you.

Susan

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Taffy
I was saddened to read your news about Dad. He was such a brave strong man. Now he is at peace and his suffering is over.
with love and sympathy
hendy