dads final hours

Goldi

Mar 9, 2015
After 5 years of dementia and parkinsons my poor dad is in his final hours with pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Its so awful. He looks like a wax manniquin with staring eyes and harfly able to breath.

I thought i was prepared but obviously not. I cant stop crying and just hate hate seeing him suffer so much.

Its such a cruel illness.

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Oh Goldi, I am sorry. It is an awful awful time. All you can do, is hold your dad's hand and just be there. I was the same...crying and crying...when my mum was dying last year. The doctor told me that it was in fact much harder for me than mum. They kept her pain free and peaceful. I hope your dad is the same and that he too, passes peacefully.:(

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Goldi. A horrible time to face but I hope your Dad is painfree and peaceful. Hold his hand and leave nothing unsaid. You will need strength but crying is not a sign of weakness-it will do you good to let go of your emotions. There will be lots of people thinking of you and your dear Dad on this Forum.

Lyn T XX

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
In our thoughts as you face this step with your dad. Let him know he is loved that you will see him again and that its okay to go. Your heart will breaking I know. :(

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
So sorry to hear what you are both going through. I hope your Dad is as comfortable as is possible & that you have strength to cope with the next few hours & days.

Thoughts & prayers are with you.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Sorry to learn of the difficult time you are presently facing and wish for a peaceful time for both of you.