1. Goldi

Goldi Registered User

Mar 9, 2015
    After 5 years of dementia and parkinsons my poor dad is in his final hours with pneumonia and a collapsed lung. Its so awful. He looks like a wax manniquin with staring eyes and harfly able to breath.

I thought i was prepared but obviously not. I cant stop crying and just hate hate seeing him suffer so much.

Its such a cruel illness.

2. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    I'm so very, very sorry Goldi. Wishing you strength to face whatever is happening. You are in my thoughts this evening xx

3. starryuk

starryuk Registered User

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh Goldi, I am sorry. It is an awful awful time. All you can do, is hold your dad's hand and just be there. I was the same...crying and crying...when my mum was dying last year. The doctor told me that it was in fact much harder for me than mum. They kept her pain free and peaceful. I hope your dad is the same and that he too, passes peacefully.:(

4. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Thinking of you xx

5. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    I'm so sorry Goldi. A horrible time to face but I hope your Dad is painfree and peaceful. Hold his hand and leave nothing unsaid. You will need strength but crying is not a sign of weakness-it will do you good to let go of your emotions. There will be lots of people thinking of you and your dear Dad on this Forum.

Lyn T XX

6. Deputypink

Deputypink Registered User

Aug 4, 2013
    I am one of those thinking you and sending you support for today and the future days ahead

7. Tears Falling

Tears Falling Registered User

Jul 8, 2013
    In our thoughts as you face this step with your dad. Let him know he is loved that you will see him again and that its okay to go. Your heart will breaking I know. :(

8. Perdita

Perdita Registered User

Jun 22, 2009
    Suffolk, Uk
    Very sorry to hear this for both of you. Such a terrible time for you :(

9. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Thinking of you with sympathy. Wishing you peace.

10. lizzybean

lizzybean Registered User

Feb 3, 2014
    Lancashire
    So sorry to hear what you are both going through. I hope your Dad is as comfortable as is possible & that you have strength to cope with the next few hours & days.

Thoughts & prayers are with you.

11. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm sorry to read about your dad. I wish him peace.

12. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    So sorry you are going through this, I wish you all peace xx

Ange

13. Acco

Acco Registered User

Oct 3, 2011
    Sorry to learn of the difficult time you are presently facing and wish for a peaceful time for both of you.

14. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    So sorry to read of your poor Dad's suffering, wishing you both peace.