Dads care increased. Now mum has got worse.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad is not understanding why I am not getting him up in the morning’s or putting back to bed at night. He is quite confused about it all.
It is a relief as well now that they are coming in lunchtime and teatime.I’m still going in but not doing any physical work as he is quite unsteady now.
I have removed the raised toilet seat from the bathroom and put the commode in there. He is not a happy chappy about going on it but tough luck I’m afraid. After collapsing on the toilet x2 there is no choice!But the carers have that pleasure now..

Mum is getting worse. She mislaid her teeth but eventually found them in her pot.
She has forgotten to lock the front and back door. She is getting very argumentative and she is always right.
Last week she went up to try and open dad’s car window in her garage to let some air in(dads car is in mum’s garage) but couldn’t open it. The reason she was using the door lock not the window winder(apparently it is her eyesight)! It seems I have gone from one parent to another. As long as mum doesn’t get to bad I can cope... She won’t let me have LPOA so if the ..... hits the fan it’s going to be costly!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry @TNJJ . There is always something, isnt there?
You have been through a lot recently
(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
@TNJJ Would it be possible to appeal to her to give you the LPOA so that "the government won't step in"? This argument has worked for some. Also, presenting it as something to be used in the future?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @TNJJ,

It might be an idea to start filling it in just in case and I feel for you having to care for two parents with this awful illness in two different places.

Hugs

MaNaAk

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I will give it ago. I didn’t have a good few hours with dad today. One of his carers asked why I was there. She was lucky that I didn’t lose my temper. I left after an hour as I knew she would be back on the tea visit!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I will give it ago. I didn’t have a good few hours with dad today. One of his carers asked why I was there. She was lucky that I didn’t lose my temper. I left after an hour as I knew she would be back on the tea visit!
what a question. some people are rude and tactless.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
That is a very strange question and I might be tempted to ask her why she needs to know?

MaNaAk