Dad's awful to mam

Heffy2ky

Jul 11, 2013
Do you think my dad knows he's awful to mam she says he swears at her says he's always in house never goes out even though she takes him out everyday when I see them dad says he's no bother and never swears and generally seems ok when I'm there. Also they go along to local social club on sat and Sunday but mams not wanting to go out now because dads a bit loud and shows her up has any one any ideas of how to get dad to stop in so mam can have a bit peace and stop people looking at her all the time any ideas would be helpful

wheelieb

Sep 6, 2013
Newport, South Wales
Do you think my dad knows he's awful to mam she says he swears at her says he's always in house never goes out even though she takes him out everyday when I see them dad says he's no bother and never swears and generally seems ok when I'm there. Also they go along to local social club on sat and Sunday but mams not wanting to go out now because dads a bit loud and shows her up has any one any ideas of how to get dad to stop in so mam can have a bit peace and stop people looking at her all the time any ideas would be helpful

Hi Heffy2ky,
I would suggest that Dad forgets quickly that he has been out & does not really realise that he's swearing at her. My Father in law is often awful to my Mother in law and me too and swears frequently, but although if you comment on it at the time, he sort of agrees, but I don't think he realises how awful he is being. Also, when we take them out 5 minutes after we get home, he has forgotten he has been out at all!! It's a bit soul destroying, but it's all part of the condition. I know it doesn't make it any easier to cope, but it helps to know there is an explanation (((hugs))):D