1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Jacquetta

Jacquetta Registered User

Jan 30, 2015
    Try to do everything for everyone so it seems. . Dad's mams full time carer I visit all the time call twice a day full time exacting job had the flu went to dr who told me I was suffering from stress etc ..Told my dad ..his response .I bought a cooked chicken and dropped some things on the floor ....is it just me.. ??

2. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Hello welcome to TP l have just had a very bad cold and cough, due to caring for my hubby, l was dropping everything, my brain was not working, thought l was going mad!! You are suffering from stress, you need to contact Social Services, as your Dad needs help with looking after your Mum, you can relax a bit more, and not do so much. Take care and look after yourself

3. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Sweetie, you are one person, who is trying to do so many things. You're like a juggler, trying to keep several balls in the air at once and, occasionally, even the most experienced juggler drops a ball!

You're feeling awful anyway, because of the flu, and you're also holding down a full time job, and trying to be supportive to your parents - something's going to give, isn't it. You need some help, and some rest. As Pam has suggested, contact SS, and get some help for your Dad, so that you can take a step back. I wish you well. xxx