Dad

only daughter

Jun 16, 2014
Surrey
Hello

I have not been on here for quite some time now.

My Dad passed away on 1s t April. He had been in hospital for a few weeks and then they sent him home I feel before he was really ready. He spent one night at home but he was still very demanding. We couldn't leave Mum there with him. We were called out at least four times during the night.
The next day Social Service's, Mental Health and Dads GP came to see him. They managed to persuade him to go in for emergency rest bite with the thought of permanent care nearer to home.
He was in the temporary Care Home for three weeks and passed away in his sleep.
I have always felt that I would have to sacrifice one to save the other and that's how it feels.

It has been hard work sorting out all of Dad's affairs everything was in his name so all had to be put into Mums hopefully I have completed it now.

So now Mum is the one that needs my help.

Sorry if I have gone on a lot

Roses40

Jan 25, 2015
manchester
Only daughter
I started with TP at the beginning of this year and yours was one of the threads that I liked to read because of the similarities to my own situation. I was thankful for your posts. Isn't it strange how circumstances can change so quickly. My condolences on the passing of your Dad. Love Rose x

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He is now free from this awful disease. I would like to add my sincere condolences to you and your Mum. May your Dad rest in peace.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, only daughter, please accept my condolences. I understand your feelings of having to sacrifice one to save the other as this is what I feel about my parents' situation. Thinking of you x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet