Dad with alzehimers and vascular wanting cash in his wallet in a care home

Nicb83

Jul 10, 2018
Hi my dad was diagnosed with alzehimers and vascular dementia in February after a 2 year battle and is now in a care home. The one thing that bothers him is that he doesn't have any money in his wallet, from a young age i always remember him having a wad of notes in his wallet but I've tried giving him money to put in his wallet but he loses it in the home and i don't have the money myself to keep replenishing it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how to keep him happy and to keep his wallet looking full. Thank you.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hi my dad was diagnosed with alzehimers and vascular dementia in February after a 2 year battle and is now in a care home. The one thing that bothers him is that he doesn't have any money in his wallet, from a young age i always remember him having a wad of notes in his wallet but I've tried giving him money to put in his wallet but he loses it in the home and i don't have the money myself to keep replenishing it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how to keep him happy and to keep his wallet looking full. Thank you.
Hello and welcome to TP. I hope you find the forum to be a friendly, informative and supportive place.

I know from reading past posts that some members have used play notes for this purpose. I believe they can be obtained on-line.

Nicb83

Jul 10, 2018
Thank you all for replying I'll try all your suggestions and hopefully one will work

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Nicb83
welcome from me too
I wonder whether you could find some of the old £1 and £5 notes, or examples online, and photocopy them - I don't think this will be illegal at all as they are no longer legal tender