1. Q&A: Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) - Thursday 27 Sept, 3-4pm

Power of attorney (LPA) is a legal tool that gives another adult - often a carer or family member - the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of someone with dementia, if they become unable to themselves.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Flora and Helen from our Knowledge Services team. They will be answering your questions on LPA on Thursday 27 September from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Dad with alzehimers and vascular wanting cash in his wallet in a care home

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Nicb83, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Nicb83

Nicb83 New member

Jul 10, 2018
    Hi my dad was diagnosed with alzehimers and vascular dementia in February after a 2 year battle and is now in a care home. The one thing that bothers him is that he doesn't have any money in his wallet, from a young age i always remember him having a wad of notes in his wallet but I've tried giving him money to put in his wallet but he loses it in the home and i don't have the money myself to keep replenishing it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how to keep him happy and to keep his wallet looking full. Thank you.

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    N Ireland
    Hello and welcome to TP. I hope you find the forum to be a friendly, informative and supportive place.

I know from reading past posts that some members have used play notes for this purpose. I believe they can be obtained on-line.

3. Louise7

Louise7 Registered User

Mar 25, 2016
  4. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
  5. Nicb83

Nicb83 New member

Jul 10, 2018
    Thank you all for replying I'll try all your suggestions and hopefully one will work

6. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hello @Nicb83
    welcome from me too
    I wonder whether you could find some of the old £1 and £5 notes, or examples online, and photocopy them - I don't think this will be illegal at all as they are no longer legal tender