Dad - this last part.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear All,

Hope you’re ok .

Well, I feel the end is coming, but how long? Monday and Tuesday he ate well . We listened to pop music yesterday and he was tapping his foot. Would never listen to it before….. rubbish!! ?☺️He ate all his dinner and breakfast. Today, he had 2 spoonfuls of yogurt. He’s in bed, catheter draining into a bag, his pee is like builder’s tea or mud. He’s feeling nauseous. Only wanted me to stay for 30 mins, shooed me out. Still good colour in his cheeks. He didn’t want the nurse to wash him. Very tired, very thin and weak.

He‘s not going yet, but soon. This is very selfish, but I go home Sunday and won’t be back until the 23rd Dec with hubby, but want him to last till then. Don’t want him to be alone.

Thanks for listening.x

Last edited:

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
@garfield3 There is no way of knowing, today, tomorrow, next week. It is an extremely difficult time for you. Very sorry that you have reached this time.
Sending you strength and a big hug.

Violet Jane

Aug 23, 2021
It’s impossible to know how long your Dad will live, and it’s very hard for you as I believe that you live abroad. You can only do what you can. Many people cannot be with their loved one when s/he passes away.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
@garfield3 There is no way of knowing, today, tomorrow, next week. It is an extremely difficult time for you. Very sorry that you have reached this time.
Sending you strength and a big hug.
Thanks for your kind words. ??
It’s impossible to know how long your Dad will live, and it’s very hard for you as I believe that you live abroad. You can only do what you can. Many people cannot be with their loved one when s/he passes away.
Yes, I do. I know, I’ve just got to put my big girl pants on. Difficult times. Thanks for your kind words.