Dad, still here.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear All,

So, this waiting game continues.

Dad's still here. Sleeping more,not eating, bar 2 teaspoons of porrige. Got diarrhoea at the moment. On midazolam for the hallucinations. He was so scared and screaming. Utterly horrible to see. Not much voice left. Feet white cold , and mottling on his knees which comes and goes. Don't think it'll be too long now.
Being an adult is stinky, Don't like it .

BFNx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

This stage is so hard and they seem to cling to life for far longer than you would think possible. You may well find that his breathing changes soon, with gaps between the breaths.
xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Thinking of you @garfield3

I know what you mean about being an adult - you’re in a sad place now but 3 years after my parents have gone I’m just about getting used to being a grown up..

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

This stage is so hard and they seem to cling to life for far longer than you would think possible. You may well find that his breathing changes soon, with gaps between the breaths.
xx
Thinking of you @garfield3

I know what you mean about being an adult - you’re in a sad place now but 3 years after my parents have gone I’m just about getting used to being a grown up..
Tough times @garfield3

I hope the medication is helping to keep your dad calm and comfortable. No one wants to witness such suffering.
Thank you all for your kind words. Digging deep to find strength. Its getting elusive, though. I think I need o dig in a different part. Like when you're at the beach. ? ☹ On a positive note, my liver is thanking me. Every cloud......

X

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
There will be an end @garfield3

Mum went 17 days with no food or fluid and by the end I was thinking "dear god, how can she still be alive?". But eventually it was over.
It wont be long, hang in there
xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6