Dad staying in bed.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Miss perfect suggested getting dad up in the am and putting back at lunchtime. ( Apparently no one has been asking..They have but he has declined) I took over on the 1st and he has declined at lunchtime to get up. So I thought I would try to see. The am girls got him up at 7.30 am and sat him in the recliner. He was quite strong first thing. He has also been in bed for 7 days. He came in this morning on the Sara Stedy. BUT after 3 hours the fidgeting started. He was ready to have lunch and then back to bed.So we had lunch at 11.20. Well, I tried 3 times with him and the Sara Stedy. I knew he wouldn't be able to do it. But sometimes you have to let him find out for himself. He had to do it all himself.The recliner was at its highest. So the Stand Aid was used. He wasn't happy but I told him it was this or sit in the chair all day. Apparently, he could crawl from the chair to his bedroom. I told him we wouldn't have all this equipment if he could crawl and get himself into bed.. Quite a palaver to get him into bed with the Stand Aid and a small room. He is now happish in bed. He has realised his health has got worse.He will be in bed tomorrow .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Miss perfect suggested getting dad up in the am and putting back at lunchtime. ( Apparently no one has been asking..They have but he has declined) I took over on the 1st and he has declined at lunchtime to get up. So I thought I would try to see. The am girls got him up at 7.30 am and sat him in the recliner. He was quite strong first thing. He has also been in bed for 7 days. He came in this morning on the Sara Stedy. BUT after 3 hours the fidgeting started. He was ready to have lunch and then back to bed.So we had lunch at 11.20. Well, I tried 3 times with him and the Sara Stedy. I knew he wouldn't be able to do it. But sometimes you have to let him find out for himself. He had to do it all himself.The recliner was at its highest. So the Stand Aid was used. He wasn't happy but I told him it was this or sit in the chair all day. Apparently, he could crawl from the chair to his bedroom. I told him we wouldn't have all this equipment if he could crawl and get himself into bed.. Quite a palaver to get him into bed with the Stand Aid and a small room. He is now happish in bed. He has realised his health has got worse.He will be in bed tomorrow .
miss perfect still coming? watch your back and joints as well. its easy to twist something. probably more comfortable now. i admire you and how you care for your dad and mum

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
You can get mattress protectors that are about 2 foot square and waterproof, could you ask the carers to put one on top of the quilt to stop it getting soiled.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
You can get mattress protectors that are about 2 foot square and waterproof, could you ask the carers to put one on top of the quilt to stop it getting soiled.
Hi. I have them along with inco sheets.They still don't use them. Today I asked them to cover him in bed which they did. The main carer is a man who doesn't listen.No matter what.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
miss perfect still coming? watch your back and joints as well. its easy to twist something. probably more comfortable now. i admire you and how you care for your dad and mum
She is.Its actually quite nice that they are only here 2x a day now. Last month's bill was over &3000.I did hear a carer ask dad who came lunchtime now if "she" isn't here..Lol. Tis me and a few others helping.It won't be long before the evening/ night calls are stopped. I'm allowing a few months.

Gladys1946

Feb 17, 2019
I'm having the same problem. Husband just won't get up. I ask him and he just says "yes dear" which winds me up royally. If I do get him up, once I turn my back or pop downstairs for something he'll go straight back to bed. Do we leave them. Part of me feels guilty that I don't try hard enough as when he's in bed I can get on with my stuff etc but flip side is that what if he loses the use if his legs, then I'll feel its my fault. Oh this horrid disease.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I'm having the same problem. Husband just won't get up. I ask him and he just says "yes dear" which winds me up royally. If I do get him up, once I turn my back or pop downstairs for something he'll go straight back to bed. Do we leave them. Part of me feels guilty that I don't try hard enough as when he's in bed I can get on with my stuff etc but flip side is that what if he loses the use if his legs, then I'll feel its my fault. Oh this horrid disease.
Hi. Dad has lost the use of his legs so now needs a hoist for the carers to use. But to be honest he still will decline to get up. Once he is up he is in the chair until the carers come and put him to bed as I cannot use a hoist on my own.. I feel guilty but then I think if he doesn't want to get up so be it.. Who am I to argue.??