Dad RIP

Chewy

Feb 4, 2013
Sorry to say my dad passed away yesterday in hospital with all his family with him. The strange thing is that he looked so well and that he didn't have dementia. We all have a struggle ahead of us in one form or another, my dad has beaten dementia because up until he died he was still doing it his way , he helped me cope with the illness he had because he never ever moaned about it or gave up on things he enjoyed doing. We kept the allotment going, cut the lawn even feeding the ducks we adopted the moto " it's a great life if you don't weaken " and it's true. Dementia tried it on with my dad but he kicked it's **** yes he was never the same but he still loved us all wife , children and grand children especially. Good luck my friends and Thank you all for listening in my darkest moments you have all been brilliant because unless you have been touched by the disease you really don't understand what it's like. My dads battle is over, we all can beat this disease maybe not medically but in other ways we can God bless you all and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
So sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that your Dad was able to fight to the end, hun - sending love and sympathy xxxxxx

Dill

Feb 26, 2011
England
What a moving post Chewy. I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength and peace for the days ahead.
Dill x

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
Sorry to say my dad passed away yesterday in hospital with all his family with him. The strange thing is that he looked so well and that he didn't have dementia. We all have a struggle ahead of us in one form or another, my dad has beaten dementia because up until he died he was still doing it his way , he helped me cope with the illness he had because he never ever moaned about it or gave up on things he enjoyed doing. We kept the allotment going, cut the lawn even feeding the ducks we adopted the moto " it's a great life if you don't weaken " and it's true. Dementia tried it on with my dad but he kicked it's **** yes he was never the same but he still loved us all wife , children and grand children especially. Good luck my friends and Thank you all for listening in my darkest moments you have all been brilliant because unless you have been touched by the disease you really don't understand what it's like. My dads battle is over, we all can beat this disease maybe not medically but in other ways we can God bless you all and good luck.

Sorry to hear of your loss your dad an inspiration to us all god bless

Stresshead

Sep 13, 2014
So sorry for your loss. Your post was so beautifully moving.

Wishing you strength xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry for you loss.

It's so good to hear that some people at least are able to live with disease in the positive way you describe. I'm sure your love and support, and that of the rest of your family, will have helped him in this respect.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Thank you for posting in such a positive way at this sad time for you and your family.
Your good wishes are much appreciated.
Sending you sympathy, and wishing you comfort as you grieve.
xx

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sory for your loss

Please accept my condolences on the death of your father. I do appreciate your post; thank you.

Thinking of you and your family.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to read of your Loss,
but glad your Dad was surrounded by loved ones,
on the final part of his journey.

Wishing you strength in the weeks to come.
Love Geum. xxx

Chewy

Feb 4, 2013
Thank You everyone and don't forget everyone our adopted motto,"it's a great life if you don't weaken" because 1/2 the battle is to keep supporting our loved ones because if our loved ones are happy they are winning. Xxx