Dad passed away in his sleep yesterday

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
For those who know me, and as a result also know all about my Dad, my wonderful father passed away in his sleep at around 1.30pm on the 19th January 2011 (Australian time).
Dad quietly slipped away after 13 years of battling young onset dementia at age 66.
I love him so much and will always miss him. He was a fighter and I am so proud of him.
Take care all,

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Nat,

I'm so sorry. Your love for your dad is so clear and it will always be with you, as will he. I know. I lost my dad a year ago. From one daughter to another, may I send my deepest sympathy.

He was obviously a very brave and special man.

Sending love and support for the weeks and months ahead,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am truly sorry to hear this - so my deepest sympathies.

It sounds such a lovely way to go, sleeping soundly. I hope you find comfort in knowing you did your very best for your Dad and he will have known that.

Take care and please keep in touch if you wish.

lucky

Apr 29, 2010
cheshire
I'm am so sorry for your loss, i did not know of you or your father but my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. xxx Lucky

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
My dear Nat that was a shock to read, I am so sorry for you and your family at this sad time. I have followed you r dads journey with AD and know how much love and care you dedicated to him, glad it was peaceful for him and he will now be watching over his lovely daughter with such pride at what a special person she is. shall be thinking of you love Pam

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
Hi Jc, my deepest sympathy on your dads' passing.
Your love for dad shows through so much, and i'm sure you will treasure the precious memories you have, and the good times before dementia. They will be your comfort and strength.
Take care, Love Necion. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Nat

You fought your dad`s corner for a long time. Please accept my deepest sympathy. xx

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
sorry to hear that ,its been a long hard road for all of you , glad the end was peacefull,take care of you now,
angela,x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Nat

So sorry to hear about your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts.

May your God walk with you at this special time

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
Hello Nat

I remember you so well and I am so sorry to hear your news. I don't post much these days due to caring for David my husband. I remember your wonderful wedding photos you posted and always looked forward to your posts. Take care and be happy that your wonderful dad is now at peace. Love Katie xx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
so sorry

Nat, so sorry your Dad dies so young with such a hard road to follow. My husband is 68 diagnosed in 2005 but with vascular dementia which is slow developing. We live about 60 miles north of Sydney so are also Aussies.

I hope now you find peace and looking back see you did all you could for the man you love so much.

(((hugs))) from Sue.

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I'm so sorry for your loss Nat.
At least your Dad is now at peace. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Nat I'm so sorry. It's been such a long battle for you and your dad. He is at peace now, and I hope you too are able to find some peace.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Nat,

I am sorry to hear of your sad loss. I remember your love and dedication to your beloved father and I wish you peace and strength for the time ahead. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Love

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Dear Nat so very sorry you have lost your dear Dad. Take comfort knowing he is at peace now.

Please continue to post whenever you can I have read your posts now for so long and we are always here for you.