Dad out of bed one day and now back in it.Just adding to my narratives.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I poppped in to see dad today and he was back in the bed.He is finding it too cold.The carer asked and he said he wanted to stay in.He only ate a small yoghurt this morning but ate half a banana later whilst i was there.He also drank a coffee with me and ate a cottage pie and small chocolate moose later.Then another tea...Later on i gave him a foodlink in case he didn't want much for tea.It was only 100 mls..He has drunk a total of 440 mls with me.His urine is orange.His output overnight was 600 mls and 200 at lunchtime.
Apparently dad is appearing happier in bed.He is very grumpy in the afternoons after lunch. This is when i usually put him for bed rest.
According to the carer dad is hardly weight bearing now.When they lifted him off the commode the other night with the stand aid[it is now written in the care plan to use the stand aid and not the Sara Stedy as he is too weak.]He couldnt grip the handles and they found it difficult to put the straps under the leg whilst he was on it..Apparently he could have slipped out if he let go..Looks like the hoist is looming.He needs to be reassessed again.
There is no chance of getting a hoist in his room so it looks like he could be bedridden soon.Dad doesn't appear bothered.He has lost more weight..You can notice it in his face..

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Could he have the foodlink ( I assume thats a fortified 'meal' drink) Later? they may fill him so he isnt interested at teatime. Perhaps a hot chocolate one at bedtime. Can itbe made hot?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Could he have the foodlink ( I assume thats a fortified 'meal' drink) Later? they may fill him so he isnt interested at teatime. Perhaps a hot chocolate one at bedtime. Can itbe made hot?
Hi. Yes he can. I have suggested one at tea time. He can have 2 a day. Unfortunately it cannot be made hot. Dad wouldn’t drink it hot anyway. Even his tea and coffee is being left to go cold. He is forgetting and then going to sleep.