Dad on antibiotics.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
The doctor came to see dad last Friday as he was concerned @ email.As you know dad said he was in bomb disposal etc.
Getting dad to drink today has been a major problem.Plus I have had the feistiness of thinking he could walk to the toilet etc. It was too late anyway as I had to change the sheet.He also has had the nurse to change the catheter again. It was only done on the 1st.He has eaten very little today. I made him 1/2 omelette but he only ate a 1/4.He is still seeing the dog and cat.
His output overnight was 500 MLS. The doctor gave him the antibiotics for his chest as he was concerned he could have a chest infection even though it has been confirmed he has a urine infection.He came out within 15 mins of phoning me which was good. He also took bloods which should give us some idea if anything is going on.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hi @TNJJ it's good that the doctor came out so quickly. Fingers crossed that the antibiotics help your dad ?

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Your poor dad. And poor you.

Oh heck - I said exactly this a few weeks ago. How much longer can this go on? It's just one thing after another...

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi. Personally I don't think the antibiotics are working.Not for the chest. It has been 3 days now. The urine infection has gone but dad still has fluid on the lungs. I can hear it. Especially when he coughs . He has also got a smell about him.I have smelt it before on people but usually when things are more advanced
This morning he didn't eat or drink at breakfast. It was left . He has problems with his co ordination to his mouth. I have advised the carers of this...But who knows what will happen tomorrow. I'm fully expecting the care company to pull out. But I'm fine with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968