Dad obsessed with heating

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think a lot of people with dementia get confused messages from their body and can no longer tell the difference between feeling hot and cold

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
It might be worth going back to the GP, to ask for a thorough check-up, just in case there is something else going on as well as the dementia.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Yes my father seems to want to wear a coat or pullover even in hot weather too, when a t-shirt is enough for me. At times the house can be very hot but he doesn't notice, and he has blankets on his bed even in warm weather.

applepie26

Sep 5, 2021
Can anyone help? My husband has a temperature problem in that he’s always cold. On the hottest of days he’ll wear a pullover and is always cold in other people’s houses etc. Ours is always too warm for everyone else . But more worrying are his constant night sweats. Someone at my local Dementia Carers group said they’d been told to stop their husbands donepezil because of this, but my doctor doesn’t seem to be aware of this connection and just dropped him back to 5mg, making his speech problems worse again and he still has the night sweats each night. I cannot find anyone with a similar problem or solution.
Hi , My mum is the same has the heating on full and windows open !! Says that she is so hot but cant seem to understand that its because she has heating turned up because she said she was cold . She has been like this for a couple of years .We just go with it .