Dad now has a lower than normal FSH thyroid.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I had a phone call from the doctor last week to give me more results from his blood.He has a normal functioning thyroid but low fsh.He was concerned about whether he gets hot and cold.I said that the only thing that gets worse is his heart palpations.The doctor is not going to give him anything for the thyroid.There will be no benefit at 88 years old.Im in agreement with that.He already takes 8 pills a day now.They are also not giving him anything for his folate deficency.
I went and saw him yesterday.He has lost more weight and his cheeks are now beginning to go in.He is coughing more when drinking.I put thickner in just to help.He couldn't finish his main meal so i left it for the carer for tea.His breathing has got worse and he is beginning to bring up phlegm.His toes are always cold now as well as his hands.Most of the time they are purple.According to the carers everyhing is fine.It seems like everything is now slowly packing up.He still didn't stop yawning when i was there and again he slept for a few hours..He is definatley needing to go to bed earlier.Not sure how that is going to be achieved..

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
It sounds awful @TNJJ I really wonder how it is that your dad is still here, it must be sheer determination. Take care of yourself too.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So sorry things are not any better @TNJJ. Everything seems far from fine to me. Anyway you can get a GP and or SS visit to see how things are now?
Do take care of yourself, specially as you have your mum to think about too.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Your poor dad.
Can you change the time that the evening carer arrives?
I’m hoping so. I have asked before but they have said they have to do four visits to make sure he has his tea. At the moment I’m waiting to hear back @ district nurse and pressure sores.