Dad is quieter

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Back at dads today.Dad is struggling to eat a mini extra meal from WWF. Managed to finish it followed by a chocolate moose. We always have a glass of wine at lunch but 2hours later it is still unfinished. Assisted him to his wheelchair and he is now in the conservatory asleep on and off listening to the local radio. He has eaten a bit of cake and drunk the coffee. I have had repeated questions about when he is going to hospital for a chest X-ray (tomorrow ) ,alongside the weather. But other than that nothing else.
I am waiting for a call from the incontinence nurse @pads. Dad has become faecal incontinent now .I have not been with him for 3days and all the pads I have checked have been dirty.
Other than housework and meds and have a bit of a conversation with him as much as I can,. It is going to be a quiet day..

GillPJ

Jun 2, 2020
I find I have to almost put the straw in mum's mouth for her to finish her wine. He sounds like a similar stage to my mum. A thought came across me today while trying to extract any sensible feedback. It's like dealing with someone who is completely and utterly drunk.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I find I have to almost put the straw in mum's mouth for her to finish her wine. He sounds like a similar stage to my mum. A thought came across me today while trying to extract any sensible feedback. It's like dealing with someone who is completely and utterly drunk.
Hi. Yes it can be .? This evening he perked up just before I assisted him to bed. We had been watching Minder and The Professionals which he likes because of the cars. He didn’t recognise George Cole with out his hat until later.We ended up talking about his cars as dad used to show his Vintage Cars all over the Country. But we did have a laugh as well today as he always had low cars to the ground nearly.He liked them because they were fast..apparently..
Dad is in the moderate stage of VD and is definitely slowing up.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Got dad into bed and sorted him out with tv and catheter etc. Then looked the front door and left him until the carers come in the morning.
I’m back at mums tonight so I can walk to dads tomorrow to take him to the hospital tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife