Dad is peaceful at last

Millsa2

Jul 12, 2013
At last, after 15yrs our journey is at an end, on Saturday was dads 70th birthday and finally at 9.50 last night he took his final breath and is now at peace.
Thankfully the home got hold of my mum and sister and they were able to be with him at the end.
I live 200miles away and had only just returned home 6hrs earlier after 2 trips there and back in the previous 5 days.
Thank you for all the help and support you’ve all given me.
X

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
So sorry for your loss. Dad's are very special but he has peace now and I am glad for that. Sending you hugs and strength.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
At last, after 15yrs our journey is at an end, on Saturday was dads 70th birthday and finally at 9.50 last night he took his final breath and is now at peace.
Thankfully the home got hold of my mum and sister and they were able to be with him at the end.
I live 200miles away and had only just returned home 6hrs earlier after 2 trips there and back in the previous 5 days.
X
Please accept my condolences at this difficult time. I am so pleased your mum and sister were with your father at the end. It seems from what others have said that our loved ones frequently leave us after we have gone home or even popped out the room. Please know that Dad will have taken comfort from your presence. You must be exhausted. Your dear father is no longer suffering but, of course, there will be much sadness and it is not easy to tell two young boys. I send love to you all.

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
well so sorry for your loss,but when my hubby passed away after all the suffering that goes with dementia in a way I was glad, he looked so peaceful and no more pain [from a broken hip and chest infection] then I cried for losing him, for his relief,just for myself,he had a big cuddly dog I bought him when he went into care as he always kept asking for our dog I brought it home with me ,and I must admit I have hugged that dog and cried and cried,some happy tears some not ,I know you will find the strength to cope with your loss and your family,we are a lot stronger than we think,but god bless take care

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm sure your two boys will be sad but you will find the strength to support them.

Thinking of you and wishing you that strength.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @Millsa2
now your dad is at peace, I hope there will be comfort for your family in knowing you stood by him and peace for you all also

Millsa2

Jul 12, 2013
Please accept my condolences at this difficult time. I am so pleased your mum and sister were with your father at the end. It seems from what others have said that our loved ones frequently leave us after we have gone home or even popped out the room. Please know that Dad will have taken comfort from your presence. You must be exhausted. Your dear father is no longer suffering but, of course, there will be much sadness and it is not easy to tell two young boys. I send love to you all.

Thank you, it wasn’t easy telling them but now my youngest is full of questions and I don’t want to lie to him so we’re trying to answer as truthfully as a 7yr old can manage.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
X

Dear Millsa,

Sorry to hear about your dad but as you say he is at peace now but of course you don't need me to tell you that you will now need to keep an eye on your mum.

Hugs and kisses to you all

MaNaAk