Dad - I need some advice please

rowtalk

Jun 13, 2014
Hi
It's been a while since I posted just wanted to ask a quick question, dad has just finished antibiotics for a water infection for the 5th time since April??? Is this normal, his mind declines every time he has one, he has also in this time had an infection on his leg, a chest infection and I went to see him at his nursing home last night and was told he has a slight cold, runny stools and when they can manage it (as he is incontinent) they will be checking his water again????
I have had enough

LOULOU05

Oct 2, 2015
Hi my mum often has water infection it is not uncommon for a period of poor behaviour and difficulties as a result of these infections.

My understanding is that often when they are incontinent they are more inclined to get water infection.

It had been suggested that she could go on a permanent low-dose antibiotics to stop the recurring infections.

Hope this helps.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
My Ma had a low dose and it worked wonders...no more infections. Had to insist with doc though.

rowtalk

Jun 13, 2014
My Ma had a low dose and it worked wonders...no more infections. Had to insist with doc though.

Thank you both for your reply, I guess I do not have much to worry about, as this is obviously common for VD sufferers, who are also incontinent, but I will badger the doctor for low dose permanent anti biopics.

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew