Dad health

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Dad is 73 as had a acute stroke last year and has got heart and stomach problems. Got slight memory loss due to the stroke anyway dad was very angry about the care home situation and had some food then had a very sharp pain but he very depressed and keeps on about his will and he never going to see his wife also he paranoid about he been singled out not to be able to visit her. He won't ask for help as he very stubborn and he seen his gp who did nothing to help him. I'm off work but I don't know how much more to do he almost given up on life

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It must be very difficult for you @jelba

I wish I had a solution. The GP won`t really be able to help if your dad has capacity and refuses any help offered.

Perhaps you could ask for help for yourself.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Dad health getting worse been told by a gp he got ibs but not eating much and still got diarrhea. Gp wants him to do a blood test but his mental state is getting worse. Had all his hospital appointments on hold so that getting him down plus not seen his wife for 6 weeks. I think he should be checked over at the hospital as I think it's worse than ibs thinking of doing 111 but worried if they take him in he might not be able to come back home as I look after him but I'm on furlough and don't see him coping when I'm back to work

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I would still ring 111 @jelba. Ask their advice.

Your dad is in danger of becoming dehydrated if the diarrhoea continues unchecked.