Dad had mini stroke

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Came home from work today to find my dad just sitting speech all blury mum had one and ever since lost the ability to feed dad can't talk or pick anything up I desperately need advice as mum in care home and needs care which me and my dad give dad in hospital mum in care home don't know how much I can take

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry to hear about your dad.
Im assuming that he is now in hospital. They will be able to assess him and he is unlikely to be discharged any time soon. Your mum is being looked after in a care home, so will be safe.
I think you will just have to sit tight and see what happens.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
What a hard time for you and your family, @jelba. Sorry, at this stage I can't offer any help or advice. Your mum is safe in her care home, as canary says, and I hope that will lessen some of the strain over coming days.
Will your employer give you a few days off to sort things out and visit your dad in hospital during the day when you can get a clearer picture from the nurses, physios and doctors?
Keep us informed if you can, and best wishes to you all.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Been mentally assessed not fit to come home going in to temporary care for 7 weeks rehab now I got both parents in care home because they can't determine time of stroke and got a pacemaker so can't have a mri scan don't know what to do next who do I contact to let them know what's happened do I leave work never felt so lonely before

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Seven weeks rehab should hopefully give you time to speak to your employer and any other agencies you need to help you sort out a longer term plan. Your dad is now being looked after @jelba, for what consolation that is worth.
Sorry I can't offer much more, but can I suggest you speak to the national dementia helpline who can advise you on your rights and your options.
Call 0300 222 11 22

Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Thank you I give them a ring over the weekend see what advice they give me dad is getting better but at this stage can not be left on his own hopefully he csn come home soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba