Dad grew his Wings

kerryfw

May 10, 2016
My beloved Dad passed away on Tuesday. He lost his swallowing reflex completely and choked on his own saliva. It took 11 days of nil by mouth till he finally gave up the fight. There was no other options for us but as he was only 77 his heart was still strong. It was the hardest thing I've ever done I could see he didn't want to leave us. Mum and I slept on the floor for 6 days and never left his side. Sleep tight Daddy xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
My beloved Dad passed away on Tuesday. He lost his swallowing reflex completely and choked on his own saliva. It took 11 days of nil by mouth till he finally gave up the fight. There was no other options for us but as he was only 77 his heart was still strong. It was the hardest thing I've ever done I could see he didn't want to leave us. Mum and I slept on the floor for 6 days and never left his side. Sleep tight Daddy xxx

Oh Kerryfw I am so sorry for your loss. Slept on the floor for 6 days?? You and your mum must be exhausted so please get some rest. You must take care of yourself. My dad passed Sunday so I know how hard it is. Take care x

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
I'm so sad for you and your mum may he now be at peice and in a better place walking by your side watching over you x

kerryfw

May 10, 2016
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Such a mixture of emotions at the moment. Relief that his suffering is over but I now know where the expression 'heavy heart' comes from. The last few days have been so busy as the funeral is next Thursday but I'm also feeling blessed that I have so many amazing family and friends that have stepped up and been there. Love to you all xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news but glad your dad is at peace now. Wishing you strength. I know what it's like X