Dad going postal - need to vent.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear good people,

Sorry, but I need to vent. Update on dad. I came home Sunday and will not get back to see dad before 23rd Dec, and hopefully no positive Covid results for me and hubby.

Sunday night dad was non responsive for a while. Blood was taken and Dr called. No reason could be found ,so far. I remember mum used to get like that before she died, about a year or few months before. However, that’s not the problem. Tonight when I phoned the hospital to get an update they said dad was bad. He was busy trying to plug stuff in and head butting the floor. ***!!! He’s go no strength in his legs and has been bed bound for over a week. Hardly eating or drinking. This is tearing me apart I feel so worried . I’m dreading what tomorrow will bring. I hope they give him more meds. I feel he’s frustrated, frightened and lonely. I don’t want him to suffer and he is.

Also, SS deem him fit to go home with 2 carers a day. ***!!! again. This is after the hospital medical assessment not Psychiatric one. Dear god!!

Any words of wisdom, please. Not sure where I should put this. Sorry.

Thank you for listening.

Suex

Last edited:

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
You need to get on to SS and challenge them over his discharge care package. I don't see how 2 care visits per day is sufficient for someone who is bedbound! What about food and drink? What if he falls? (And it sounds very much as though he will.)

I'd also insist on a psychiatric assessment due to his unpredictable behaviour. If he causes more grief at the hospital, they may decide to get him sectioned... which would probably be a good thing as then he would get the care he clearly needs.

I feel for you - a very worrying time.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
You need to get on to SS and challenge them over his discharge care package. I don't see how 2 care visits per day is sufficient for someone who is bedbound! What about food and drink? What if he falls? (And it sounds very much as though he will.)

I'd also insist on a psychiatric assessment due to his unpredictable behaviour. If he causes more grief at the hospital, they may decide to get him sectioned... which would probably be a good thing as then he would get the care he clearly needs.

I feel for you - a very worrying time.
Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. It’s an evil disease.