1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Dad given days to live. Not coping!

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by LostOne, Mar 9, 2018.

1. LostOne

LostOne Registered User

Mar 9, 2018
    My head is just so confused. I’m so proud of him for fighting against this horrible disease but I don’t want him to have to live like this but then I’m terrified of losing him even though I know it’s coming :/
  2. worried2

worried2 Registered User

Aug 1, 2010
    Thinking of you and wishing you strength. Having lost my lovely mum a few weeks ago I know that it's a horrible stage, as you don't want to lose them but you also don't want them to carry on suffering. Somehow you will find the strength to cope and hopefully take comfort in being able to be with your Dad on his journey, Xx
  3. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    South coast
    Yes, of course you feel like that @LostOne
    You want it to be over, but dread it happening.
    It is not easy
  4. PJ

PJ Registered User

Jan 26, 2017
    So sorry to read of the heartache you & your sister are going through with your dad. I do hope he’s comfortable now & you can all enjoy this precious time you have left together. Sending lots of strength your way x
  5. LostOne

LostOne Registered User

Mar 9, 2018
    My dad passed away this evening very peacefully with his daughters beside him at 9pm.
    Thank you all for everything <3
  6. LostOne

LostOne Registered User

Mar 9, 2018
    I wish you all the strength and courage you need to get through the tough and unimaginable times xx
  7. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    South coast
    He is free now
  8. worried2

worried2 Registered User

Aug 1, 2010
    So sorry for your loss; glad that it was peaceful. Wishing you strength to cope with the difficult times ahead. One day at a time Xx
  9. DollyBird16

DollyBird16 Registered User

Sep 5, 2017
    Greater London
    God bless.
    Big hugs for you and your sister. XX
  10. myss

myss Registered User

Jan 14, 2018
    Oh LostOne, all the best hugs to you and your sister {{LostOne}}
  11. love.dad.but..

love.dad.but.. Registered User

Jan 16, 2014
    So sorry that you and all of us have to go through this heartache but if we have to then a peaceful and comfortable end of life is what we wish for loved one and you have achieved that. Thinking of you and your family over the coming days and weeks
  12. campervan21

campervan21 Registered User

May 4, 2017
  13. Scouts girl

Scouts girl Registered User

Jan 18, 2017
    So sorry xxx
  14. Amethyst59

Amethyst59 Registered User

Jul 3, 2017
    Bless you all. I am glad you found this forum to support you at this difficult time...remember that we will all be here for you, if you need us in the next few days, weeks or months. Many of us have been where you are now. May your lovely dad rest in peace.
  15. Dazmum

Dazmum Registered User

I’m so sorry @LostOne, but I am glad that you were able to be with your dad. Thinking of you xxx
  16. Soobee

Soobee Volunteer Host

Aug 22, 2009
    my condolences to you, LostOne