Dad dying at home

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I am glad that it was peaceful @Triffid and I hope that you can find acceptance and peace of mind over the coming days.
((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry for your loss @Triffid. I’m so glad that it was peaceful and that you were with your dad. How lovely that you read him Under Milk Wood, so poignant. Wishing you strength.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
@Triffid . Sincere condolences to you and your family.
Im sure you will find some comfort from having been with your dad at the end.
My husband died at home last November and I know it has helped me a great deal knowing that I helped to make it possible for him to stay at home, which is what we both wanted.

Its now time for you to rest and take care of yourself.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
So sorry to hear of your loss. @Triffid . You made his final days comfortable . you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
So sorry to read that @Triffid . My Mum loved Under Milk Wood too - the Richard Burton audio version, which they had on vinyl. As everyone says, try to look after yourself.

Sheelagh7

Feb 25, 2022
Condolences for your loss @Triffid. Hopefully you can take comfort that he is now at peace. The next few weeks will be a busy time for you, but after the funeral you need to give yourself time to grieve and try to remember his wonderful life and forget his suffering at the end.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Triffid, so sorry to read that your Dad has passed away. Take comfort if you can that he was at home and that he had people with him who loved and cared for him.

Take care, sending many hugs for you

Cookie123

Dec 6, 2019
Sending strength and care. x

I wrote the above before I saw your last post. How fortuante to hear the beautiful words of Under Milkwood read by his child as he died. Peace for you all.

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Hi there.. I’m guessing you are also Welsh?! This is a hard time. I lost my mum 30 days ago… it’s so difficult when we love them and have been loved so much. Sending you all the best wishes xx