Dad driving me mad with the “um um” noise.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Back at dads today . He needs the toilet as he is going “um um”. Which is the toilet sign. But he is NOT going until he has read the paper and had his coffee. By which point it will be a rush job.
He saw the wheeled commode and said “That can go in the garage “! I told him it wasn’t. It will be needed in the future as his mobility is getting worse. At the moment I use a Sara Steady to take him to the toilet . But it is a struggle to do. The floor tiles are cracking with the movement of the Sara Steady so it is getting difficult. I said as long as people are willing to use the Sara Steady to take him to the toilet it is fine. But when I’m not it will be the commode. As it is me doing the moving around not him.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Got to dad’s today and he had found some 5ps in the drawer. But he didn’t know they were 5ps. He thought they were “thruppence” coins. So I had to explain what they were. Dad is getting quieter and quieter. I took him out to the garden but he asked to come in after an hour.He was bored. He very rarely looks at the paper for long as cannot concentrate. .
From 16.30 he is looking at the clock. For tea and then checking the time for bed. Today he has not been able to do that extra walking. It took 3 attempts to get him out of the recliner. He walked into his bedroom but as he was doing so his legs were buckling. Just about made it. I got him onto the bed and then got the Sara Steady to get him up the bed. He said his legs feel heavy. Maybe it’s the medication for night. But it also happens during the day. He will end up on the floor at some point. He is now safe in bed .