Dad died at 5.30am

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
Just to update you about my dad, sadly he died this morning at 5.30am, peacefully with my mum holding his hand. In the end he couldn't eat, drink or move on his own - and only just about managed breathing. Terrible disease - and traumatic for all those who loved him. Still, he is at peace as they say (I'm definitely not!). Feel wretched and empty inside which I hope will fade. Thank you all dear members who have offered advice and support via this wonderful forum. Goodnight all.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my sincere condolences and wish you and your Mum strength for the weeks and months to come.

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
Sorry to learn of your loss but pleased it was a peaceful end for your dad with your mother at his side. Our condolences and hope for your strength, comfort and peace in the coming days and weeks.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am so sorry to read your sad news. Wishing you strength in the days ahead.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
So sorry to read your sad news. I hope you and your Mum can take some comfort in knowing your Dad is at peace.

Wishing you strength

Love

Lyn T XX

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your sad news. I'm glad your mum was holding his hand. Sending my condolences.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
I remember that numb, empty feeling, almost disbelief. Despite having watched mum's decline over the last year of her life, I was still thinking that she would be with us for several more years. Sending you my deepest sympathy and hoping you can find comfort and peace.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear this news. My sincere sympathies to you at this sad time.
Remember TP is here for you as and when you need us.

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
Thankyou all for your kind messages - it's such a blow I don't think I'll ever be the same again. I miss dad so much. Just been to the care home and cleared his room, so am feeling emotional! Thank you all again. Best wishes to you and your loved ones. X

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
memroy

Just to update you about my dad, sadly he died this morning at 5.30am, peacefully with my mum holding his hand. In the end he couldn't eat, drink or move on his own - and only just about managed breathing. Terrible disease - and traumatic for all those who loved him. Still, he is at peace as they say (I'm definitely not!). Feel wretched and empty inside which I hope will fade. Thank you all dear members who have offered advice and support via this wonderful forum. Goodnight all.

just think of all the good time memory .they (will help )sad but good has well .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orange77