Dad and Sleep Disturbance

kezablanca

Dec 20, 2015
Good morning
I would be grateful for any information or advice!
My dad is 59 with FTD, he is cared for by my Mother.
He is getting very limited sleep, constantly asking Mum to help, but he doesn't know what with etc. Last night he was complaining the brakes were broken on the bed and Mum needed to fix them(!) He then clung to the mattress all night saying he was falling off.
My poor Mother is exhasuted, as he is up and down to bed 24/7 and she has to physically move him on to the bed etc.
Has anybody experienced this that could please offer some advice?
It would be greatly appreciated, X

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
The period when John was up several times a night coincided with the start of his wanderings during the day. It was hell! Your mother and all carers have my deepest sympathies.

I took John to his GP who immediately prescribed Zopiclone sleeping tablets and told me to bring forward my appointment with the Memory clinic. They can prescribe things the GP cannot.

The psychiatrist at the clinic started him on 50 mg Trazadone and over the next six to eight months this was increased to 250 mg a day. He now sleeps well and the last epic wander was at the start of September. You need to get the medics on board.

kezablanca

Dec 20, 2015
Thank-you so much for responding!

He is at the Memory Clinic on Tuesday so I will make sure they're up to date with everything that is happening with him.

My Mum is running in empty, the poor thing, X

QUOTE=marionq;1209748]The period when John was up several times a night coincided with the start of his wanderings during the day. It was hell! Your mother and all carers have my deepest sympathies.

I took John to his GP who immediately prescribed Zopiclone sleeping tablets and told me to bring forward my appointment with the Memory clinic. They can prescribe things the GP cannot.

The psychiatrist at the clinic started him on 50 mg Trazadone and over the next six to eight months this was increased to 250 mg a day. He now sleeps well and the last epic wander was at the start of September. You need to get the medics on board.[/QUOTE]

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan