"Cycle the Isle of Wight"

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by jakky, Aug 30, 2006.

1. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    Dear TP family,

Just a short note to let you know I am taking part in "Cycle round the Isle of Wight", on Sunday, 17th September 06, from Ryde. The route consists of enduring a 65 mile ride. I will have completed over 1000 miles during training, (over 8 weeks, including enjoyable 30 minute sessions :) upto 2.5 hour sessions :eek: )

I will be staying overnight in Portsmouth,16th, (if ya fancy a cuppa/glass!!) and travelling to IoW on the day. If anyone wishes to take part in this cycle ride, feel free to join me, look forward to the company...:) "you know you want to" :)

My mum is in late stages of AD, and I am dedicating this maiden ride to my mum......

please sponsor/support me at...

http://www.justgiving.com/whip

big notes ££`s - small change....it all matters

many thanks in advance

jakky

2. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    Dear TP Family

I can only describe the support from everyone as "Absolutely Awesome" and a big "Thank You" to All in helping raise £850+ for Alzheimers Society....

Having never been to the Isle Of Wight, the pleasant, scenic routes were somewhat of a very hilly challenge!!!
    However, pedalling began at 11.05am at Ryde, and proceeded to Bembridge, Blackgang and cycling onto Yarmouth and East Cowes before finishing back at Ryde for 17.35, (six and half hrs). nearly exhausted.....

thanks again, take care...

jakky
    x

3. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    Well these are piccys, not sure if done, but hey I enjoyed the ride and it was for a very good reason, I`m sure all fundraisers put that much heart and effort into it...

http://www.justgiving.com/whip

take care and well done to all on the day..

jakky

Attached Files:

4. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Well done Jakky - thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Love Helen

5. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    well done jakky
    on a great achievment.

6. jakky

jakky Registered User

Jan 30, 2006
    Staffs
    thanks to all

A big"THANK YOU" "THANK YOU" "THANK YOU" to all who helped raise/supported me with this event

TOTAL RAISED : £1041:50

thinking of you all
    thank you

jakky
    x

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Well done Jakky. A brilliant result.