Cut yourself some slack.......

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
There's a lot of posts here from those feeling guilty and I think that Christmas time can sometimes make things worse, with the added pressure of trying to make things 'just right'. No one is perfect, we are all just trying our best to care for a loved one in usually very difficult circumstances. Just wanted to say that I hope carers everywhere can take a minute over the festive period to think about all that they do, without feeling guilty for caring. Christmas may not be 'happy' but sometimes just the little things are enough - this afternoon I'll be watching My Fair Lady with Mum and a box of jaffa cakes (her favourite). Cut yourself some slack - put any guilt in a box with plenty of sellotape and wrapping paper to keep it in there!

Milo.jpg

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
That is a great plan, Louise. C loves My Fair Lady, though I've never say and watched it the way through with her. Have a lovely afternoon.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Good advice Louise.
I have found a log Fire on YouTube with quite music. My husband is looking at a book, but the fires fascinates too.
Sorted food in date order in fridge and relaxing together. I am so grateful for another Christmas together. This is the only present I need.
When the magazine bores I too will find a film to watch.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
My wife was never keen on Jaffa cakes but now that she is in residential care she apparently loves them. So I've bought her a present:

205475410.jpeg

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Had a quiet lunch just me, OH and MIL now all chilling on sofa MIL having a cuppa with our dog settled with his head in her lap. But her favourite present was a hot water bottle she can put her hands into the cover, shes had so much but that's her favourite! Took a lovely pic of her and the dog would like to share but obviously need to keep privacy on here, hope every doing ok x

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Sounds like a nice day Donkeyshere. I visited Mum in her care home and after some chocolates followed by a 3 course meal and a small glass of prosecco Mum slept for a few hours cuddling her new toy :D She then woke up for a mince pie and a cup of tea - she's only tiny so I don't know where she puts it all! I'm now relaxing back at home with my Christmas dinner cooking in the oven. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba