Cst

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Does anyone know from experience if CST is actually any help to the person having the sessions? MIL starts this afternoon. For me it will be lovely to have the house to myself for a few hours but am not so sure of the real benefit

She will love the association and different things they will do I am sure

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Don't mind me, I'm a bit thick but what is CST? Cognitive Stimulation Therapy? Guess on my part.

As long as your MIL enjoys herself and you have time for yourself, that's what really important.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Yes that's right. She came back happy but no idea what she did! She had a folder with the things she did and what will happen next week but denied any knowledge of it! Oh well roll on next week

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
1954, it would be really good to know what they do as it might give us carers some ideas ourselves!

fullmoon

May 22, 2013
Great to hear she enjoyed, even if she cannot recollect! More importantly, I am glad you are having a couple of hours to yourself x

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
This is what the sheets of paper say happened

Session 1 -Physical games

This week we:
  • Chose our group name
  • Chose our group song
  • We sang our group song twice
  • Discussed the date, venue
  • Discussed the news
  • We used a ball and spoke about our selves

Next week - our theme is sounds
  • We will be listening to music and talking about your favourite song/singer and why
The song they sang was 'My old man said follow the van'

(when she came home she moaned that it was not for her and implied it was all beneath her!!! Typical of her!) But she will be going!