Crying in the carpark!

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I went home from work at lunchtime today to finish off an Open University assignment that had to be posted today:eek: On the way back the radio was broadcasting a listener's sad story. He had been very close to his parents until the time that his dad said he was leaving his mum for another woman. By then the son was grown up and had children of his own. However, he and his mum and the rest of the family were devastated by this 'betrayal' but the dad's stance was that he had to 'follow his heart' and he 'only had one life'. The dad left and drifted apart from his son, to the point that they had had no contact for over 6 months. Then his son got a call from the new wife to say that his dad was very ill and he went to see him. He died while his son was there, apologising for the hurt he had caused.

I thought this was a very sad story but was OK. Then they played the song that the listener had asked for ...

I cried my eyes out!

I had heard this song before, but never really listened to the words. They include the line

I wasnt there that morning
When my father passed away
I didnt get to tell him
All the things I had to say

that really, really got to me!

I will never feel the same when I hear that song again!

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/mike+&+the+mechanics/the+living+years_20093565.html

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Noelphobic

Nothing wrong with a good cry................and i should know.............i'm an expert on that subject.......... infact i've got a masters degree in 'how best to cry in carparks'! .......so if you want any tips.............let me know!

I'm still at the stage where i can't listen to sad songs as it triggers memories and i imagine that because your still feeling a little vulnerable at the moment, it set you off!

Don't feel sad because todays gonna be a better day for you!

Love Alex x

gillianshack

Sep 19, 2006
bradford west yorkshire
crying just apart of being human!!!

Crying just way of relife it's good to have a good cry.Its just showing we care.also after reading your thread i felt like crying thing's like that get to me to. I tried to open the link for the song but its not letting me "that's A shame or mybe not ";probably end up a blobbering mess" TAKECARE....Gilly...:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It doesn`t take meaningful words to bring tears to my eyes these days. I can cry over Coronation Street.

me&mymum

Nov 15, 2006
My father is in the advanced stages of AD and is in hospital where he will die in the next few weeks. I would like to help support my mum in all of this but I live a long way from her. Has anyone had a similar experience?
thanks

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi me&mymum

Is there anyway you could go and stay with her? Do you have children? Is there anyone else who could look after your children while you go up to surport your mum for a few days.
kathy.

If this is impossible phone everyday and i would at least try to get up once.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
alex said:
Hi Noelphobic

Nothing wrong with a good cry................and i should know.............i'm an expert on that subject.......... infact i've got a masters degree in 'how best to cry in carparks'! .......so if you want any tips.............let me know!

I'm still at the stage where i can't listen to sad songs as it triggers memories and i imagine that because your still feeling a little vulnerable at the moment, it set you off!

Don't feel sad because todays gonna be a better day for you!

Love Alex x

Hi Alex

Just typed a reply to this and lost it when the site went!

Today was much better. I think the crying helped to get things out of my system and I sent my OU assignment off yesterday so felt hugely relieved about that!

Brenda
(the first reply was better :)

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Brenda

I'm really pleased your feeling better today...........although i try to make light of the post (my way of coping!) i hate knowing people are upset! (says the idiot who bubbles for the least thing lately:eek: !)

Glad you got your assignment sorted, i'm sure it will be great! i'll keep my fingers crossed ;)

Love Alex x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Grannie G said:
It doesn`t take meaningful words to bring tears to my eyes these days. I can cry over Coronation Street.

Bet none of you cry at the X factor..........I do:(

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Wend

I cried last time i mowed the lawn! :p
(chopped a frogs leg off!):eek: you'd cry too if you'd seen it trying to hop away!
(i swear i didn't see it.........honestly!.... i was mortified:eek: )

Love Alex x

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
The husband of one of my aunts went off leaving her with two young sons, and took all her savings.

20-something years later the elder son nursed his father for months with terminal cancer.

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
I only cried at the X factor when that lickle ickle boy was on -aw bless him!!

The most I have ever cried whilst watching a film was - 'Terms of Endearment' when Debra Winger died of cancer - oh my god that was so so so so sad.

Then of course ther was Mrs Miniver, Gone with the Wind, ET :)confused: ), Lassie of course, Champ - oh my god, I could go on forever and ever !!

Libs
Anyone got a tissue?

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I too blub at the slightest thing.

However, certain songs get to me...

My song for Dad is "Who Knew" by Pink
and Dad loved Il Divo..so anything by them and I am a watery mess on the floor!

But, its good to cry from time to time.

M
x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Libby said:
I only cried at the X factor when that lickle ickle boy was on -aw bless him!!

QUOTE]

Oh yes libby.....I cried at him!!!!!!!
Westlife do it for me I'm afraid too..........I love em.....usually put a cd on when I'm ironing ...then can't see what I'm doing:eek:

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
I cried last week at the school Christmas concert; my 5 year old turned to me and blew me a kiss and everyone went 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww'. I immediately went beetroot and cried, then everyone laughed at me instead!! Charming.

Call me sick but I had to chuckle at the thought of the frog with no legs..........very sorry.

Kate x.

Rosalind

Jul 2, 2005
Wiltshire
I cry at almost any talent competition, and have been known to get chocked when people on Antiques Roadshow are told things are worth lots of money, goodness knows why.

But agree with Oscar Wilde about ' One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing. '

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Rosalind said:
But agree with Oscar Wilde about ' One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing. '

OMG YES!!! Slightly different, but I want cry tears of rage and slap all of the Bronte heroines "upside the head" and scream "don't be so wet". Great authors they may be, but I don't think they did their sex any favours at all.

Jennifer

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR