Crosswords and games

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
A bout a year ago I was told by my doctor that one way to keep my brain active was to do crossword and games. I must admit there are times now when my spelling goes out of the window, and if it were not for things like spell check on the computer everything would look double dutch. One day when we were out shopping we had a look in our local Woolies and there on a rack were some PC CD ROM computer games, such as Scrabble, which I used to enjoy before the wheels came off. While we were looking I saw an other game called Test and Improve your memory.
We decided to get both of these games and I found the memory test one to be a bit much at first, as I had problems working it out. But after a few weeks I began to master some of it and I try to do some of the tests every week.
I can recommend these to anyone who has a computer and like me wants to keep there brain going as long as they can. They are marketed by a firm called Focous.

Regards

kenc

zed

Jul 25, 2005
London
I also attended a talk by a researcher looking and language and frontal-lobe dementia. She said learning new languanges later in life is a good way of reducing your chance of dementia.