Crossroads

Noone

Mar 12, 2007
Surrey
I just found out about Crossroads...the sitting service for AD sufferers, so I contacted my local branch and we've been added to the list...some 9 months long.

Does anyone here know of any other such services, which practice in the Surrey area? We dont need it as a regular thing, but on occasion it would be handy to have someone sit in with my lady, so I can go out and have 'me' time, go shopping or to the library or something.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Noone

I think if you contacted Crossroads directly, you would be asking to use them privately, and much of their work is contracted to social services. At least, it is here, perhaps it is different in other areas.

If you contact SS and ask for a carer's assessment, you may find that you are referred to them, and wouldn't have to wait.

At least, that's what happened with us. We get four hours a week. You have to agree the days and times they come, but they are usually very accommodating in changing if something comes up.

One thing you can't do is say you'll use them when you need them -- you have to book regular times, so that the local organiser can arrange the schedules.

Good luck,

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
Noone
I also was told of a long wait , that was until i got a referal through a carers assesment, and then i was in the system and got a sitter very soon.

Cynron x x

Noone

Mar 12, 2007
Surrey
thanks...thats very reassuring, we have a SS person coming in the next week or two to do a re-assessment, perhaps with her recommendation this sort of restbyte could be offered...